Blessings to you and may we continue to live God’s call together.
- Excellent teaching and messages from our speakers:
– Bruxy Cavey spoke on how today’s churches might radically follow God’s call by mirroring the early church;
– Patrice Nagant spoke on unity, focusing on John 17, where Jesus prayed, asking God to unify his church;
– Eric Wingender spoke on behalf of the people of Quebec and the spiritual need – and witness challenge there
- bilingual worship experience with Dan Loewen
- short film festival, telling the stories of nine churches and how they are engaging their communities
- “Experience Montreal”, a tour which allowed us to see where Montrealers live and work and the challenge for witness in this city
- communion on top of Mount Royal with MBMSI Soar and Action teams
- a commissioning prayer for the Quebec delegates as well as all Gathering attendees
A significant part of our Gathering weekend centered on the presentation and official approval of Regenerate 21-01, our new initiative to see 21st-century churches reflecting first-century dynamics. Regenerate 21-01 is all about individual and corporate regeneration—a process of change and renewal that we want to see implemented within our churches, our leaders, and the Canadian Conference as a whole. For those of you who missed Gathering and/or are new to the Regenerate 21-01 concept, as well as for those of you who attended Gathering and could use a reminder/refresher, feel free to review the official Regenerate news release, which explains a little more about what this new initiative is all about.
To find more archived content please contact the Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies.